AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my reciever (Denon AVR 3808ci) for about 5 months now. I haven't had a single problem until a week ago. I have a Time Warner HD-DVR Cable box hooked up to it by HDMI. I have the 3808ci outputing to my TV (Samsung LN-T4071f) at 1080p. When I turned on my TV, Reciever, and DVR, the tv was a blue screen. I couldn't even get the reciever's menu to appear on the TV. My wii, which is also hooked up to the reciever (component in, upconverted to 1080p thru hdmi out) was also a blue screen. After trying numerous things, I completely turned off the reciever, waited 5 minutes, and turned it back on. The problem was gone, and hasn't reapeared since.

About 3 days latter, I noticed while watching cable, that I only have sound on the analog channels. No sound on any HD channel or my HBO channels. Ended up completely turning off my reciever, waiting 5 minutes, and turning it back on. Problem was gone.

Does anyone know what, if anything is wrong with my reciever?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sounds like a logic board problem in the receiver. If the HDMI output to the TV wasn't functional, and then a few days later the digital audio was out, but analog audio was working - sounds like a digital logic problem to me. It's still under warranty, so send it in and get it checked out.

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.