AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my reciever (Denon AVR 3808ci) for about 5 months now. I haven't had a single problem until a week ago. I have a Time Warner HD-DVR Cable box hooked up to it by HDMI. I have the 3808ci outputing to my TV (Samsung LN-T4071f) at 1080p. When I turned on my TV, Reciever, and DVR, the tv was a blue screen. I couldn't even get the reciever's menu to appear on the TV. My wii, which is also hooked up to the reciever (component in, upconverted to 1080p thru hdmi out) was also a blue screen. After trying numerous things, I completely turned off the reciever, waited 5 minutes, and turned it back on. The problem was gone, and hasn't reapeared since.

About 3 days latter, I noticed while watching cable, that I only have sound on the analog channels. No sound on any HD channel or my HBO channels. Ended up completely turning off my reciever, waiting 5 minutes, and turning it back on. Problem was gone.

Does anyone know what, if anything is wrong with my reciever?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sounds like a logic board problem in the receiver. If the HDMI output to the TV wasn't functional, and then a few days later the digital audio was out, but analog audio was working - sounds like a digital logic problem to me. It's still under warranty, so send it in and get it checked out.

Greg

·
Registered
130 Posts
if you have your inputs connected directly to the tv does it still do the same thing?

if not try to turn off the upscaler on your 3808 and see if it still does the same thing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts