AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am not sure if this is the right forum, but I am having an issue with my center speaker. I just got a brand new Sony BDP-S1100, hooked it up to my Sony STR-DH720, and played a couple blu ray movies and some DVDs. All sounding wonderful. Until I used the built in Netflix app, which I usually use my Xbox for, but since the blu ray player can actually use Netflix's Super HD, and Dolby Digital Plus, I decided I would use the new blu ray player for using Netflix. Anyways, when using content from Netflix that has Dolby Digital Plus, my center speaker has a weird sound, almost a lisping I guess. Only happens on center speaker, and only happens when using Dolby Digital Plus, I've tried switch out the speaker and it didn't help. Does anyone know why it's doing this? It's bugging me so much. Since it only happens on Dolby Digital Plus, could it just be my receiver?

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
If you don´t notice issues with the center speaker using different sources than it might just be a Netflix issue.

Reactions: mylastsong19

·
Registered
29,059 Posts
There's a thread about Netflix and Denon receivers and the center channel not sounding right when playing DD+ movies.

I have 3 Denon receivers and have never had that problem with Netflix and DD+. I use Panasonic Blu Ray players

So if it is happening to your Sony receiver then the problem is not limited to Denon.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt  /t/1500220/weird-sound-coming-from-center-speaker/0_100#post_23966864

There's a thread about Netflix and Denon receivers and the center channel not sounding right when playing DD+ movies.

I have 3 Denon receivers and have never had that problem with Netflix and DD+. I use Panasonic Blu Ray players

So if it is happening to your Sony receiver then the problem is not limited to Denon.

i was going ti suggest that thread, but you beat me to it.

i am not fully convinced this is an avr issue, i really think it is a netflix issue, after all they are providing the source material and on other sources this issue hasn't been complained about.

does anyine know who besides netflix streams in dd+? fo those streams suffer with this same type of issue?

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
Why are you calling Netflix? This problem is probably affecting thousands of users ,it could be incompatibility with certain device. They wont do anything to fix your problem.it will be just another complain of the same ,Im almost 100% that they are aware of the problem and they are trying to fix the issue.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because I give feedback on everything I use. From my iPhone to netflix, it's just nicer to know you have an open case so if something happens, they already know about it. It may not be what most people do, but if I can give feedback that will help with just one thing, then I'll do it. Thanks for all the help everyone! I have already talked with them, and the woman I talked to, didn't know anything about this issue.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts