AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am hoping someone can help me with a sound that comes from my speakers when i change the audio selection on my avr receiver, hit play on my bluray player or turn off the receiver.

The receiver is hooked up to a bryston 4bst amp.

thoughts?

· Registered
249 Posts
Depends on what's in the BluRay. If it's anything by Frank Zappa, that's probably what it's supposed to sound like.

Seriously, I have no idea. I'm no expert on AVR receivers, but I doubt there's enough info here even if I were. What are you changing the audio selection from and to? How is Blu connected to the receiver (analog, HDMI, optical, ...)? What does the Bryston sound like if you simply disconnect it from the receiver? What do you mean by weird? Buzzing? Hum? Frank Zappa?

· Registered
6,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by niners /forum/post/18119820

i am hoping someone can help me with a sound that comes from my speakers when i change the audio selection on my avr receiver, hit play on my bluray player or turn off the receiver.

The receiver is hooked up to a bryston 4bst amp.

thoughts?

It might help if you described the sound and told us what AVR and BD player you have.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bluray player is a pioneer bdp 51fd The AVR is an Integra DTR7.1.

You hear the sound when you the play button on the the Bluray or change between components on the avr. It isn't a buzzing noise or would i call it a hum, more like a single pop then it stops.

thanks for the support so far

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any thoughts on the cause?

could it be a ground problem or something with the 4b going to the avr as it is only the main speakers hooked to the 4b and the centre and surrond don;t have the issue and they are hooked to different external speakers..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.