AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems after the upgrade my new 80 gig seagate drive was okay and worked fine. I decided last nite to watch some of the programs I recorded on the original drive. So I swapped out the new drive with the original. I turned on the replay machine and got the please wait screen screen, then the screen goes black and it reboots and the please wait screen comes up. This pattern continues to happen on the older drive. Very strange. I did a backup of the replay to my hard drive before I did the upgrade I guess I'll try to do a restore on it..Im not sure what will happen, but at this point the older drive is useless to me. Im hoping maybe it will restore the file system correctly and I'll be able to watch whatever programs I have recorded on the drive. Anyone else have this problem.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Did you move the jumper to slave to do the mirror? If so returning it to cable select or master will make it bootable again in the replay.

Also if you connected a hard drive back into the replay without first disconnected AC power will corrupt hard disk data, resulting in failure to boot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes I was able to do the backup and when it asked me if I wanted to write over the partition mpeg that had the programming I said no..but lo and behold I was able to use the drive and watch the programming on it...thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.