AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hmm, the most expensive one has onboard mpeg2 decoder. Wonder if they now use a different encoder chip than the kfir.

They probably had to come outwith this to compete with the creative product, but from what I know that one is much cheaper than $249,-.

Also note the comment on the signal output (scart, composite) from the hw decoder. Seems to be a dxr3 style decoder with analog overlay. (Let's hope for gods sake not).

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1: I don't think it that expensive there lot other that cost more and don't even come close in features when compare other to WinTV-PVR, YES it new and no commant at this time.

2: Creative Lab Video Blaster DigitalVCR card dosen't even come close to the WinTV-PVR model 880 on features and comparison what it can do this petty much no contest win sure there price diff only being Creative Lab is dumping card off they have done this before.

3: NO your not even close to it.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pivot
They probably had to come outwith this to compete with the creative product, but from what I know that one is much cheaper than $249.
But they also have the model 250 which seems to have everything in the original model except the FM tuner for $149. That is not much more than Creative Digital VCR, and $100 less than the list price of the original model just last week. Kind of hard to tell without the datasheets yet, but I would expect this to be popular at that price point.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I give you hint jschefdog this new one is the one you want get let say it can now do 720 where WinTV-PVR 880 could only do 704.

What you want know will be come soon (datasheets), but due that latest issue of Smart TV & Sound which wasn't suppoes to be in this month issue in tell official announcement come out oh well the cat is now out of the bag now.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Any more info on these cards, I have a bunch of questions?

1. Can they be used in conjunction with DScaler or WinDvr?

2. Are the drivers WDM, or VfW?

3. What Quality does it produce in Viewing?

4. What Quality does it produce when recording?

5. Does it have a EPG connected?

6. Someone mentioned the first version needed a pretty fast computer.

What are the *real* hardware requirements for these cards?

Thanks!

-Tom

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
> 1. Can they be used in conjunction with DScaler or WinDvr?

Yes to the first version PVR

No 250, 350

> 2. Are the drivers WDM, or VfW?

Yes WDM but there beta Yes VfW to the first version PVR

Yes WDM / No VfW 250, 350

> 3. What Quality does it produce in Viewing?

Download my mpeg clip and you see from the first version PVR

> 4. What Quality does it produce when recording?

Download my mpeg clip and you see from the first version PVR

> 5. Does it have a EPG connected?

Yes it know as TitanTV

> 6. Someone mentioned the first version needed a pretty fast computer.

Yes it can be run very low end system I done this with P166MHz NoN MMX but MPEG playback is a diff story being it using Soft MPEG drv for playback I would have to say it best to use 300 or higher.

Now the new 250 and 350 will need at let 450MHz or better why this well your doing RealTime MPEG streaming so it like watching DVD (HQ) 24/7 quality is far superior then DScaler.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
SHS,

Again you help out a great deal! :)

I am downloading the clip to take a look asap. I am planning on buying a bunch of parts, and take the cpu,mainboard,memory,harddrive from my current pc, and put into a black desktop case, and buy a dvd player for that as well. Then I will install my Hipix HDTV card, put in a Radeon 7000 card, and after your convincing help, probably a wintv-pvr 250 ( I don't really need the radio tuner or s-video output, since I plan on using custom resolutions through the vga -> my RPHDTV.) I think I should be fine configuration-wise, with a P3-800, 256 mb ram and 60 GB HD.

Again, thanks so much!

-Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.