Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my poor experience with a used plasma:

Quick recap: Bought used 42" NEC from dealer out of state, promised it would be shipped with full insurance and that it WORKED!. Luckily I was in touch with the trucking freight company and realized that in fact NO insurance was added. So if there was a problem, I'd have to rely on (or sue) the seller to recoup any money. Well, I had it shipped COD (thank GOD) and made the freight company let me unpack and test the unit before I paid them. As it turned out, the PC input (the only one I was going to use) only produced garbage, and the buttons were getting stuck inside the unit. I refused delivery and only had to eat the $4 fee for the money order, which I promptly redeposited into my bank account.

I've decided to go with a "mint condition" Sony KL-W9000, and am using Tradenable to handle the escrow of the payment. (Heck, for $50, it's the same as a credit card processor, and they offer some pretty nice guarantees and inspection allowances!)

I have a small den this is going in, and my current Mitsu 65" Widescreen is just enormous and is literally giving the wife and I headaches. So a 50" should be very nice. At only 19" deep and 100 lbs., it's a nice small TV (albeit no tuner, but I don't need one) that offers a VGA input, and no possibility of burn-in. (and the 3000+ hour lamps are easily replaceable for $200).

So wish me luck, I'll be having it shipped using a freight company again, and have been quoted only 3 transit days!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.