AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been struggling with picking up Philly stations for 6 months now. First, I only picked up CBS. Then I added a preamp and got ABC and PBS, but sporadically. So I go out and buy a CM 4228 which I was planning on putting up in the next few weeks. It's sitting in the garage. For some stubborn reason, I didn't ever try to pick up Baltimore. Part of it was that it's further away. Someone also at one point mentioned they didn't have a strong North signal.Maybe part of it was that I just overcame my fear of getting up on the roof to play with the antenna. And I didn't want a rotor. So today for some reason, I decide to try Baltimore. So I climb the roof and point the antenna in the general direction of Baltimore. I do a channel search and wow, I get CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX all in the 80's. Wow! I'm shocked. Now I would rather have the Philly channels so I will eventually put up the 4228 at least I know I don't have to do it any time soon.

...........CBS ABC NBC PBS FOX

...........--- --- --- --- ---

Philly.....88 50* N/A 40* N/A

Baltimore..88 83 85 N/A 85

*Philly PBS had severe dropouts. ABC was fine in the winter but now in the summer I get a low reading and dropouts.

I noticed ABC Baltimore does multicasting...52-1 HD...52-2 SD...52-3 weather.The HD channel has no bars. today during the Indy..it's zoomed. NBC had no overscan on the sides...there is a 1/4 inch black bar on either side. Otherwise, I'm a happy camper.

[This message has been edited by Joe_R (edited 05-27-2001).]

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I tweaked the antenna trying to pick up PBS (Maryland) better. No luck. I get a 28 signal in the daytime and a 40-45 at night. Nothing more. Watching the Rudy Maxa special now. Wow that looks really nice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.