AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rather large Man Cave (22'x35') and is well lit. I'm choosing to not alter current window situation and would rather purchase a higher lumen projector. I've looked at the high lumen projectors that seem to be for business use but am not familiar enough to know if these would be good for home viewing of movies and sporting events. Anyone have suggestions for my application in the range of $800-1500? Throw will roughly be 15-17' from above and plan on using a Cinegray 5D 140" diagonal screen. Any other important facts I'm missing that would be needed please let me know...
Oh and the actual viewing area is not 22'x35, U shaped sectional will be about 9' away from screen, then set of 4 raised theater chairs directly behind that and then a bar top and stools directly behind that--so farthest seating would be about 25'.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No unfortunately the higher windows with coverings would not look right. I did cover the large skylights though. I'm willing to sacrifice daytime viewing as we mostly don't get a chance to relax and sit down to watch movies until dark anyways. I might be able to squeeze an additional $500 into the projector budget as well...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts