AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
You can also get a CBS HD feed out of New York if you can qualify for it. Qualifying involves getting a waiver from any CBS affiliate that you can get a Grade "B" signal from. I quite unexpectedly got one from Toledo, OH for the CBSHD feed so miracles do occasionally occur. My personal prediction is that DISH will also carry the Discovery HD channel when it is available. My prediction is based on absolutely zero inside information, just a feeling that Charlie won't let Directv get too far ahead....

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by trafter
My personal prediction is that DISH will also carry the Discovery HD channel when it is available. My prediction is based on absolutely zero inside information, just a feeling that Charlie won't let Directv get too far ahead....
I would hope so when after all these years on his Fireside Chats (or whatver they're called ;) ) all he ever keeps talking about in regards to HD is that when the content is made available to us, we'll carry it! Be pretty sad if now that it has he comes up with some "Well, gee, I, ahh, ummm.." excuses.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Well if you live in L.A. it shouldnt be a big problem because I believe thats one of the CBS owned and operated stations. And CBS has given a blanket waiver for those areas. Unless theres another CBS station that non o&o somewhere around besides that one that could deny it (which happens sometimes because theres overlap in some cities from a station in another city). Again, the best thing to do is just call Dish and ask. But if your zip code qualifies and you get a CSR that has a clue about the HD feeds, they'll just turn it on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.