AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the consensus on this? Are they still the king of all plasmas?

I have to say yes for a few reasons.

Obviously picture quality , good brightness, great black level and what I've always liked best about them - their build quality.

I think they are eloquent looking and I actually like the large bezel with the gold elite stamp. The piano gloss finish looks great as well.

No sets today come even close to that build quality. These new expensive OLEDs are awesome but they are like toys compared to a Kuro. It's like comparing a child's plastic toy hammer to a sledgehammer!

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
What is the consensus on this? Are they still the king of all plasmas?
I think they are eloquent looking and I actually like the large bezel with the gold elite stamp. The piano gloss finish looks great as well.
Can’t say that I have ever seen anything that was “eloquent looking.”

Having said that, the Pioneer Kuro should be in the “TV panel Hall of Fame.”😎

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Panasonic’s ZT plasmas came pretty close to the Kuro’s picture.
Interesting
I actually preferred the Samsung F8500 series to the Panasonic VT
I had the opportunity to buy either of them at the same price....I thought the Samsung did more thanks better

That being said...I feel like any of the newer OLEDs have beat out the old Panasonic Kuros...AND they dont double as a space heater.. ;)

Warren

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I’ve had six or seven Panasonic plasma tv’s over the years. Down to just two now, a 54” V10 and a 60” ZT. Never had one die or have any problems even after 10 years or more of ownership. Excellent build quality IMO. But the ZT has more problems with image retention than any other plasma I’ve owned.

With that said, I’d like to move on to a 4K set with Dolby Vision. I’ll probably pull the trigger on either Sony’s 95J when they are released later this year or the 90J available at Costco.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I’ve had six or seven Panasonic plasma tv’s over the years. Down to just two now, a 54” V10 and a 60” ZT. Never had one die or have any problems even after 10 years or more of ownership. Excellent build quality IMO. But the ZT has more problems with image retention than any other plasma I’ve owned.

With that said, I’d like to move on to a 4K set with Dolby Vision. I’ll probably pull the trigger on either Sony’s 95J when they are released later this year or the 90J available at Costco.
You going from plasmas and loving them to a
95J (an LCD, great LCD likely but still, an LCD) will likely NOT end well !

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I've got a couple LCD tvs already. Satisfied with the picture on those sets. With that said, the 95J will be the TV in my family room. The TV I purchase for that room will be held to a higher standard. Hopefully I'll be satisfied with picture of a 75" 95J for both 4K movies on my Blu-ray player, content stream on my Apple 4KTV, and Directv. If not what I'm looking for, will return and open the wallet a little wider for a Sony OLED.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts