AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
They made supposed step-up models with auto-flip and all but I was never impressed. I've never seen a Sony player that could compete with the Pioneer 702/703/704/79, much less any of the even nicer players. I bought a Sony MDP-333 for my bedroom TV a long time ago. That was a mistake! Panasonic made some really decent players, Sony NOT! Brian, who's always looking for Hi-Vision Laserdiscs, has a Japanese Sony Muse-capable LD player that he says is 1st rate, but, there's always a but, he thinks it might be a Pioneer clone? IMO, Sony put out flashy, attractive players that were truly 2nd rate in build and picture compared to Pioneer, in the U.S. market. Best wishes!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rachael Bellomy
Brian, who's always looking for Hi-Vision Laserdiscs, has a Japanese Sony Muse-capable LD player that he says is 1st rate, but, there's always a but, he thinks it might be a Pioneer clone?
I used to own an Sony HIL-C2EX Muse Hi-vision player and It was indeed a very good player. I really don't think that it is a clone of a pioneer. I do know that panasonic made a clone of this as the LX-HD20. I opened the units up a couple of years ago for a quick look and they were like looking at the same machine.

tk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.