AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought one through Dish Network and they come install it.

While he is there I am going to get him to set my OLD Dish

for my HDTV signal. Any thing I need to be aware of.

How close can they be?

What else do I need to add to my Dish 500. I have 2 receivers

and have not bought my DISH 6000 yet. I also bought a 40'

tower for my OTA antenna. What else goes on either Dishes?

All advice is welcomed

Fatdaddy

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here's the deal. I'm not sure that I fully understood your situation, but I take it you had a standard Dish system, and now you upgraded to Dish 500. If this is correct, this is what you need to do. The installer will come, take down your old dish, replace it with a Dish 500 in approximately the same area, facing the same way. It's a slightly bigger dish. You then need to ask the installer to take your old dish and point it at 61.5 degrees. He should know that Dish Network has secondary service at 61.5 degrees, but incase he doesn't, let him know that you want him to reinstall your old dish to pick up that satellite. You won't have any problems with the dishes being anywhere near each other, because they face very different directions. The Dish 500 points at 110/119, while the other one points at 61.5. You will have 2 dishes on your home facing different directions, you should know that. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Yeah, make sure he does not use Twin LNB if you intend to add a 6000 as the third receiver. But if you will use 6000 only for HDs on 61.5, it does not matter since your current receivers probably will only look at 119/110, leaving 61.5 dish open for the 6000.

[This message has been edited by jacmyoung (edited 03-16-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.