AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a few nice theaters in the Grand Haven area and wouldn't mind hosting a get together out here. Is anyone near by who would be interested? Let me know, would be great!:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We would like to get together in the month of May sometime. We will have and acoustician and also be able to answer many of your design and construction questions (even the tough ones...hopefully). We have built many, many systems over the years and have both book education and training from "The school of hard knocks". If you ars interested in audio system design, room layout or room acoustics please plan to come. There are three theaters and a very nice recording studio within a one mile area right here, so the trip will be worth while. We can all learn together......Thanks! Steve

P.S. Art S. if you're out there, we enjoyed you room very much and would love to see you came up here!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sounds great. Don't know if I can make, but I will certainly try. Even though I'm in the Metro Detroit area, my wife's parents live in the K-Zoo area and we usually go to Grand Haven at least once a year.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
I'm In!

Ted

·
Registered
997 Posts
I am in.

gives me another opertunity to find something I SHOULD have done in my theater...... just finished painting, opening soon with a meet to follow

now I have to hang the 200# 3 eyed monster and learn how to do a real set up on it

Kevin

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi to all,

Planning on May 31, and will have final details posted soon. I have confimed three theaters in the neighborhood will be open for tours. They are all large format CRT set-ups and have some interesting attributes to each of them. We have Runco, NEC, and Electrohome projectors represented as well as a vast array of processors and audio systems.

More later,

Steve

·
Registered
51 Posts
I live in Holland and would love to come ,I am a future home theater owner

and would some ideas.please post date when it set.

thanks Jim:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi All,

Have confirmed many will be there including Chris Collins and a couple other experts. Still on for May 31 starting at 10am and I would encourage all to bring any audio or video you could share...we are all always looking for great movies and CD's. It might be nice to all bring a few of your favorite ideas from your build and design archives to share (pictures, papers or reviews) for example. Pleas email me so I know who is coming and can send directions and an itinerary sometime next week.

More Later...

Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
PMed you...

But, I would also like to join. It looks like there is now 3 of us from the Holland area. Do you guys mind a "newbie" college student going or tagging along? I can offer insight of computers... but nothing about Audio/Video :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi to all!

May 31st is all ready to go. We will start at 10am and go until 4-5?? There are a lot of good people coming including a couple of guest experts so it should be a great day. We will have lunch and snacks etc. so we will not be in any kind of hurry get anywhere. Let's just get together and have a very relaxed and enjoyable day. Please feel free to bring spouses if you (or they) would like, they are very welcome.

Until then...keep on tweekin'

Steve :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.