AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is happening with West Wing tonight? First the audio was weak. Then halfway through the show NBC nightly news came on! The show was normal on Directv but of course no HD. On CTV when the trouble started, the show lost the HD.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
It would help if you included your location. I haven't checked until just now because it's a rerun but it's looking and sounding fine in Chicago right now.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Chicago update: The volume shot down at the start of the program and didn't come back up to normal until half the show was over. I thought this was a local issue because the audio remained down during the commercials, and it happened both OTA and via Comcast.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The audio was pretty far down throughout the program on TWC in Syracuse, NY. The video was lost about 2/3 of the way through, but resumed within five minutes.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,622 Posts
It was a rerun.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Audio was way down here in Nashville/comcast.

Jerry

·
Registered
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MSaccardi
What is happening with West Wing tonight?
The same thing that's been happening with the rest of the season. It's going down the tubes without Sorkin.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Guys,

VERY WEIRD NIGHT!!!

I wanted to watch Leno after my local (Philadelphia) news. The news ends. and then there's this piece with guys getting their legs waxed (THANKFULLY in SD). I make the assumption that this is one of The Tonight Show weird lead-ins. Then, after a couple of minutes, Leno comes on, IN SD. So, I assume that someone forgot to flip a switch. So, I switch, to the regular feed from KYW - and, lo and behold, it's Leno. I continue switching back and forth, turns out that KYW-DT is showing "the Apprentice". I switch back at midnight, and The West Wing is coming on - in HD.

I gotta assume that NBC lost their East Coast feed, but, it's wasn't a lot of fun.

David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.