AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
fry's in norcal, too. I just picked up two from the Sunnyvale fry's for $109. They're not boxed, they're on the OEM shelf. 15 day fry's warranty. 3 year manufacturer warranty. cheers.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah, in the paper today, Fry's in Austin for $109. I managed to snag one from another source, but I'm not sure if it's 5400 or 7200, are all WD 120GB drives 5400 or do they come in both flavors?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, I went back into Fry's and got a refund of $40 for my two 120gigs. They are 5400rpm and are quiet. They do make 7200RPM flavors and ones even with an 8 meg cache, but those are over $200 each.

·
Registered
24 Posts
they are soo much more quiet than the Quantum drives in the 2000 series. I dont know if they used those in the 3000's or the 4000's, but those are loud as hell. I replaced mine with a WD 4500rpm and I cannot even hear it when its running.

·
Registered
669 Posts
i ordered and received one, it 5400 rpms but it seems like it heats up MUCH more than the maxtors. Any one else notice this? or do the maxtors just run really cool?

·
Registered
669 Posts
the deal is dead. they canceled my second order, and when i called them,

they said their supplier wouldn't be filling any more orders. bummer...

if anyone know any other good deals i think we would all like to hear about it. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah they do. That's where I got mine two weekends ago and I was considering getting some more for my computers and the guy at the service podium told me they had plenty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.