AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say, has anyone heard or read any reviews of the Westinghouse 17" wide screen pc monitor (model 17w7)?

It has a 1280 x 768 native resolution, and has a DVI input. I'm looking for something for a college dorm desktop monitor for a pc that is running Windows Media Center Edition with an HDTV tuner in it.

Also, how does this model do with pc games? Westy reports it has a 15 ms response time.

At Westinghouse

·
Registered
16 Posts
check out these other two models.....just to compare. both can be had at pretty good prices(ebay) or if you shop around.

Check out the sony sdm-v72w..hdtv capable, at 1080i looks awesome. has component connections and plenty others.

also check out the samsung 172w...has dvi connection, my second choice before i got the sony

Both are 17" and have a 1280 x 768 native resolution. They both will probably be had for less than the newer model westinghouse...which to me is kind of an off brand.

these models are discontinued but can still be found. the sony retails at $999 but can be found for $350-$600, samsung at about $300-$400. just a heads up if you are considering 17" widescreen models. VERY SWEET monitors. Cant go wrong with eithier.

j

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the Westinghouse 17w7, and, as desktop wide screen TV/pc panel, it is great. It only has DVI and VGA connections. The builtin speakers are not very good.

I connected this Westy to a Windows Media Center box with two HD tuners and one SD tuner. HD televison looked fabulous on this panel.

So, I highly recommend this panel as a desktop LCD TV.

Unfortunaely, this model is not widely available. You can buy it form Best Buy in the US, at about a pretty good competitive price, less than $250US. Buy at Best Buy online, and pickup at a local store.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave

I don't know.

I don't have a DVD or HDTV receiver to try it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.