AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a deal of this TV for $1899.99.

Does it have a true 1920x1080 resolution? I thought only the Sharp 45" was.

Who makes the panel?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
It is true 1920x1080. However it is not a TV. It does not have tuners or an RF input. It is a monitor to which you could connect a source of video like a cable box or a computer.

·
Registered
538 Posts
So whats the price on this thing? I saw best buy's price. Is there a better deal to be had?

thanks.

I ask because i've read of people buying it for as low as 1.5k

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilzygw
So whats the price on this thing? I saw best buy's price. Is there a better deal to be had?

thanks.

I ask because i've read of people buying it for as low as 1.5k
That was a special deal at some Best Buys a few weeks ago, Ive been to best buy since then and its back listed at msrp $2299. Mine just hit the truck for shipping today for far less than Msrp but more than the deal Best Buy had. Yes its a true 1080P panel which I will be feeding with my new Sony HDD500 HD recorder with ATSC/QAM/NTSC and cable card on one of the DVI's and on the 1080P DVI I will be connecting my computer.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leica
There is a deal of this TV for $1899.99.

Does it have a true 1920x1080 resolution? I thought only the Sharp 45" was.

Who makes the panel?

Thanks.
I thought price discussion wasnt allowed here. You gonna piss off the mods o_O

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoglog
I thought price discussion wasnt allowed here. You gonna piss off the mods o_O

Thats why I only methoined true MSRP in my response :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
It is true 1080p. with 1920x1080 pixels and accepts a 1080p signal up to 60Hz. Ironically, the Sharp 45" is not a true 1080p display. It has 1920x1080 pixels, but it cannot accept a 1080p signal. The GX model has been hacked to accept 1080p however.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylotto
It is true 1080p. with 1920x1080 pixels and accepts a 1080p signal up to 60Hz. Ironically, the Sharp 45" is not a true 1080p display. It has 1920x1080 pixels, but it cannot accept a 1080p signal. The GX model has been hacked to accept 1080p however.

I prefer that I dont have to hack my display to get it to do what I want. :D Just waiting for my Westy to get here.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylotto
True you have to bypass/hack the AVC box with a DVI switch to get a 1080P 60 Hz signal to the panel. But at least the DVI input on the 45GX panel is HDCP compliant. I'm not sure if the 1080P DVI input on the Westinghouse is HDCP compliant or not. I'm pretty sure the 1080i DVI input is.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavel
True you have to bypass/hack the AVC box with a DVI switch to get a 1080P 60 Hz signal to the panel. But at least the DVI input on the 45GX panel is HDCP compliant. I'm not sure if the 1080P DVI input on the Westinghouse is HDCP compliant or not. I'm pretty sure the 1080i DVI input is.

It appears that it is DVI HDCP complaint as it has been stated that it works with any DVI HDCP device. HDMI to DVI might be another story but Im not to worried about it I think it will work just fine as my 3 year old JVC with DVI HDCP works just fine with my Sony HD500 HD recorder going HDMI to DVI.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
The 47-inch panel is not available for sale from Chi Mei.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavel
I'm not sure if the 1080P DVI input on the Westinghouse is HDCP compliant or not.
Well, I am sure that it is HDCP compliant... It works with any DVI-HDCP source. There have been a few reports of some HDMI sources not being backwards compatible when using a simple HDMI to DVI conversion cable, but most HDMI sources work fine (my HD Tivo when passing HDCP encoded material over HDMI works fine).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by offsite123
Interestingly enough, there is a 47 " LCD panel referenced at this site!!

It seems to have even better specs than the 37".

Will this be the next Westinghouse coup?
I don't know about the 47", but there are too many rumors about a 42" Westy to be ignored. With the price of the 37", I'd imagine that the 42" will be

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.