AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all just saw an article stating that Westinghouse figured out the flickering is due to their HDCP signal not coming fast enough when the PS3 asks for it. They are apparently offering to update TVs to fix it, has anyone actually gotten through their customer support and been told this and scheduled an update!!!!????

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
im very skeptical of this person willmgordon. he only got like 4 posts so far...a noob. he said he saw an article stating there is a firmware from westinghouse...yet there is no proof or link backing his statement up.

i wonder if there is a westinghouse spy in this forum.

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
someone from that link said:

"I have the same exact 37" model and the exact same PS3 problem. Unfortunately, I just called Westinghouse and spoke to "Cory" who told me that, in fact, there is no in-home visit for firmware upgrades on 37" models -- only for larger models. Instead, they promise to "process my info" and "in a few days" contact me with an RMA number to send my TV from Illinois to their service center in California for the firmware update."

unfortunately for most of us...we bought this tv long ago..way after the return policy.

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
yet the president of westinghouse said:

"Customers should call our tech support line, and we can schedule an in-home firmware upgrade, says Rey Roque, Westinghouse vice president of marketing. He promises it won't cost you a pennyhe didn't say if he would do it himself"

im really tire of westinghouse giving the run around...this is the last product i will buy from them (i swear on my family life) if they plan to abandon most of us.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried to get rhough by phone but I was on hold for 20 mins couldnt stay on any longer, anyone get through? If they are saying we have to ship it, is there any way we can protest or contact this marketing guy directly?

·
Registered
4,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmgordon /forum/post/0

I tried to get rhough by phone but I was on hold for 20 mins couldnt stay on any longer, anyone get through? If they are saying we have to ship it, is there any way we can protest or contact this marketing guy directly?

Yeah, I mean they are speaking about the 37w3 in the article. Perhaps writing or trying to contact Popular Mechanic after getting shut down might yeild some results or contact information.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For all the Westy owners I had another question, on their website and at bestbuy(I assume other retailers as well), Both DVI ports are advertised as HDCP, yet I cannot use DVI 1 on my 37w3 WITH MY ps3, and so I am guessing when I upgrade my HTPC with High def and HDCP card it wont work there either, is this simply a problem of their advertisements? Or is this a flaw in their Monitors??

Thanks

·
Banned
1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwisenyc /forum/post/0

So does this mean they are doing in-home upgrades for 42 and 47 inch owners?

if they do in-homes upgrade for 42" and 47"...y not just add another one for 37"...i dont see wtf is wrong with this method.

anyway..im gonna give westinghouse a call and see if i can do it myself.

·
Registered
278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentnyc /forum/post/0

if they do in-homes upgrade for 42" and 47"...y not just add another one for 37"...i dont see wtf is wrong with this method.

anyway..im gonna give westinghouse a call and see if i can do it myself.

I see that you are from NYC also that is if you still live here. This company is based out in Cali, not sure who they would use locally to come out and service my 42". Right now I am running my PS3 through DVI2 and optical to receiver. I plan to upgrade my receiver with at least 3 HDMI ports later this year and would like to use the HDMI for lossless audio. Has anyone gotten and appointment for a firmware upgrade at home for a 42 or 47 Westy?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.