AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Westinghouse LTV-32W6 LCD TV. I also have a Sony Amplifier and a Sony DVD player. I have a Sony Learning Remote that works great with all of the devices individually. The problem I have, though, is that whenever I turn the power on or off for the DVD player or the amplifier, or change the volume on the amplifier, the TV also cycles power or changes volume. This issue is not unique to my Learning Remote, as the individual remotes for those devices (DVD and amplifier) do the same thing. I have tried every code set I can find for the DVD player and amplifier, but I am still having the problem. The TV remote does NOT control either of the other devices when I use it, nor does my Learning Remote when in TV mode.

Can anyone help me with a way to make the DVD player/amplifier codes NOT adjust the TV as well? Is there some way to change the TV's "remote sensor" so that it only takes a code set unique to the TV?

I have been able to control just the DVD player/amplifier by pointing the remote "down and away" from the TV approximately 90 degrees, but it's a pain to have to do this all of the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.