AVS Forum banner

2201 - 2220 of 3462 Posts

·
Registered
20,229 Posts
You'd think with all the cash rolling in they'd think about fixing stuff like that. Not too many websites load as many items as AVS does, and they don't get loaded for free.

I’d expect at least a translation between the “Enhanced” mode and “regular” mode. It seems that whatever they are using doesn’t do this well. While I had some issues with the Enhanced Mode, it was “close” to what I prefer when viewing on mobile.

Testing emoji to see if still jacked ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
I’d expect at least a translation between the “Enhanced” mode and “regular” mode. It seems that whatever they are using doesn’t do this well. While I had some issues with the Enhanced Mode, it was “close” to what I prefer when viewing on mobile.

Testing emoji to see if still jacked ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's not an official AVS emoji but it's obvious what it is. It really hasn't been the same around here since Allen and Dave owned it. :(

·
Registered
20,229 Posts
Thought this was one of the best episodes yet. The cinematography really shined (as it has a few times this season). I do have a feeling that this episode will be a hate it or love it though.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I loved the story telling method of describing the evolution of the indian's memory and the resulting actions from each new piece of info he gathered. It was our first real glimpse into just HOW the ability to keep memories developed and changed behavior over time (as opposed to some of the night-and-day changes with Delores and others).

Also and more importantly to me, there was no need to guess which time frame we were in, or figure out any DiVinci Code riddles to understand what was happening. This was just excellent story telling. I have been critical of this show's over-complexity and purposeful confusion many times. But this week, well, I loved this one.

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
That Lakota language is really beautiful. I could listen to that all day. So expressive yet soothing.

I'll tell ya, one episode with Akecheta and and I have more empathy for the hosts than I did with all the Dolores/Maeve episodes combined. And no I don't hate women so nobody even go there. Really well done.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Definitely one of the best episodes of the whole series so far. Spectacular storytelling, I was completely engaged throughout, I'll take more of this, please.:)

Spectacular storytelling helmed by a great actor! Hopefully he’ll get rewarded for such a great episode.

·
Banned
26,895 Posts
While I agree with everyone here that it was a nice change-of-pace episode, I have a few questions. If Akecheta was re-programmed by the WW tech staff after 10 years out in the field, why did that have no impact on his behavior afterward? He continued on his same mission as if nothing had happened. I then have to question the utility and purpose of that scene down in the lab.

Why was one of the memories he was able to dredge up not of his "other" role as ambassador of the Delos-precursor company when they made their pitch to Logan? Seeing Logan nekkid out in the desert seemed to stir no memory of their previous meeting in either of them. And finally, why did he pour out his whole story to Maeve's daughter who presumably was not equipped with the Lakota language plug-in and thus would have no idea what he was saying? I understand that it was an expository tool by the writers, but it still seems strange.

And where was Emily taking William jostling around on that horse, shot full of bullets? Is there some surgical trauma unit operating in the Park somewhere? I still think he must have been wearing some kind of body armor underneath his western garb to have at least stopped that chest shot or he'd be not merely but really most sincerely dead by now.

·
Registered
20,229 Posts
While I agree with everyone here that it was a nice change-of-pace episode, I have a few questions. If Akecheta was re-programmed by the WW tech staff after 10 years out in the field, why did that have no impact on his behavior afterward? He continued on his same mission as if nothing had happened. I then have to question the utility and purpose of that scene down in the lab.

Why was one of the memories he was able to dredge up not of his "other" role as ambassador of the Delos-precursor company when they made their pitch to Logan? Seeing Logan nekkid out in the desert seemed to stir no memory of their previous meeting in either of them. And finally, why did he pour out his whole story to Maeve's daughter who presumably was not equipped with the Lakota language plug-in and thus would have no idea what he was saying? I understand that it was an expository tool by the writers, but it still seems strange.

And where was Emily taking William jostling around on that horse, shot full of bullets? Is there some surgical trauma unit operating in the Park somewhere? I still think he must have been wearing some kind of body armor underneath his western garb to have at least stopped that chest shot or he'd be not merely but really most sincerely dead by now.

1) updates are layered on top of current system, they don’t wipe the system. So the update at the time wouldnt have removed any of his current abilities. That scene was to show 1) how long he had been out there and 2) that the controls in place have been VERY lax (supervisor not looking too deep and they only update if the host dies).

2) it wasn’t important for this story. As far as Logan goes he seems the type to easily forget the “help”. He didn’t mention Angela either, but that was his 1st sexual encounter with a host.

3) GN partially healed him. Where she is going no one knows. A couple of theories are floating around (to put his consciousness in a host, to remove him from the park).

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Something to do with the Ford when he says "I've been watching you too."

And finally, why did he pour out his whole story to Maeve's daughter who presumably was not equipped with the Lakota language plug-in and thus would have no idea what he was saying? I understand that it was an expository tool by the writers, but it still seems strange.
He was actually narrating his story to Maeve when he speaks in Lakota. You can see that he switches to English when addressing the daughter.

Pure speculation but the final episodes we'll see William uploaded to host body to finish the "game" whatever it may be.

·
Banned
26,895 Posts
3) GN partially healed him.
What? How? Akecheta & GN didn't do anything to him other than put him on a horse and carried him back to their camp where he laid on the ground until Emily picked up him up. In any event, they do not have any surgical knowledge nor equipment. I don't even think they have a witch doctor.

He was actually narrating his story to Maeve when he speaks in Lakota. You can see that he switches to English when addressing the daughter.
So he somehow knew Maeve would be listening via her "networking" wi-fi capability when he was talking to her daughter? That's kind of a leap of faith for him (and the audience), isn't it?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
What? I don't think so. He narrated practically that whole story, except for a couple of lines, to Maeve's daughter in the Lakota language (with subtitles) didn't he?
Watch the last scene reveal when Charlotte notices Maeve is communicating with someone. Only couple of lines, in English, were directed towards the daughter. This whole episode is Akecheta narrating his story to maeve.

·
Registered
18,194 Posts
Wow. What a great ending.

2201 - 2220 of 3462 Posts