AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please! I had a linksys wet54g bridge that went bad and just had it replaced. I've gotten it setup exactly like my old one, which worked nicely, but now my 5060 RTV unit won't connect to the bridge. The ethernet light will not stay lit (on either the bridge or the back of the RTV unit).

I know the bridge is working because I can connect to it (ping etc.); the wireless web GUI shows wireless tx and rx packets and ethernet tx packets but no rx packets. The bridge is IP 192.168.1.226 static IP; the RTV unit won't get an IP from my router's DHCP because it won't connect.

If I reboot the replay unit and then power on my bridge, I can get the ethernet light to stay green until I select ethernet for my connection in the setup screen (I restored to factory defaults on RTV unit). As soon as I select ethernet setup, the ethernet light on the bridge and on the back of the unit goes out.

I've tried entering in the information manually but since the RTV unit won't communicate over the ethernet port, it doesn't do any good.

Let me know if you have any ideas. I searched the forum and saw someone else had this issue but they gave up, returned the bridge, and used a hard wire. This is my third RTV unit within 60 days that is malfunctioning. Ugh.

Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a WET11 with is the 802.11b flavor. When you say "Ethernet" light, do you mean the "Link" light indicating a valid connection between the two ethernet ports?

Have you made sure that you have moved the switch to the appropriate connection type based on the type of cable you are using i.e. cross-over or straight pass-through.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, when I refer to the ethernet "light" I am referring to the light on the bridge that indicates a good connection. I also checked the ethernet lights on the back of the replay unit and those also turn off at the same time the bridge ethernet light turns off.

I have tried both crossover and straight cables using both settings on the bridge. I believe if I use a crossover cable, the switch should be set to straight on the bridge (the parallel lines) and if I use a straight cable, the switch should be set to the crossed lines. If I set up the cables that way, I can at least get a solid ethernet light from booting up the RTV but again it turns off as soon as I select ethernet as my connection.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called RTV tech support and the guy there was stumped so he said he would look into it. They are supposed to call back tonight so we'll see. I'll keep everyone posted. Hopefully it's not an issue with the new firmware upgrade on the bridge (released 8/03).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Crimsont
I believe if I use a crossover cable, the switch should be set to straight on the bridge (the parallel lines) and if I use a straight cable, the switch should be set to the crossed lines. If I set up the cables that way, I can at least get a solid ethernet light from booting up the RTV but again it turns off as soon as I select ethernet as my connection.
If you are using the cable that came with the bridge and plugging it directly into the Replay unit, the switch on the bridge needs to be set to X.

If you are using a stabdard CAT-5 cable and plugging it into a networked switch and then another CAT-5 cable from the switch to the Repplay unit, the little switch on the bridge should be set to the parallel lines.

Judge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.