AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the 8 years I have had Comcast Digital Cable in Howard County, Maryland, WETA-HD has been delivered with only simple stereo in spite of broadcasting DD 5.1 over the air (and probably via cable also in the immediate DC area--Howard County is one county farther out). I have been unable to get a definitive answer from either WETA or Comcast as to whether this is deliberate or an accident, and whether it is the station or the carrier that is downgrading the audio signal. I would like to know if there are any forum members who are receiving DD 5.1 on WETA-HD in Howard County. As I can attest to the fact that Comcast does not deliver the surround signal, I am particularly interested in hearing from Verizon FIOS TV users. I assume that most A/V receivers, like my own, indicate the number of audio channels arriving at their digital port(s) at any point in time; so I am not looking for an answer based upon listening, but rather on what your electronics indicates you are receiving. Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts