Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JStigler

You asked about the Sony and Panasonic in a previous thread:

FYI WFAA-DT 8.2 is not sending audio on the radar so no problems with your STB. How about checking the PGM info in the evenings. Does it work on Panasonic and Sony. RCA is OK.

JStigler

I am getting the evening program info for WFAA 8.1/8.2 on my RCA but not on the Sony - The Sony HD100 only displays "Digital TV Programming" in the space where the info should be and DIGL where the station logo or id should be. The Panny I have, TU-DST50, does not display any program info, There is no place on the menu or screen for it, I need to check with them to see if there is a SW upgrade. It does display the station ID correctly.

I know the Sony can display it because KDAF-DT 480P shows up for 32.1 in the Program info area. I do not know if there is any differences in how you are transmitting the data vs. how they are. Actually, KDAF 32.1 is the only station I get any data for on the Sony, and in the program info field, not station ID area.

I get the station call letter ID for all locals except KTXA on the RCA, but all including KTXA displays on the Panny. None on the Sony.

On another note, the Panny TU-DST50 is the only one that remaps KTXA 18.1 to 21.1, the Sony and RCA still have it at 18.1/18.2 and the Panny (both the TU-DST50 and one TU-HDS20 I tried in store) did not remap 35.1 to channel 4 correctly. I think the STB manufactures must have all read a different spec for PSIP when implementing it to get so many different issues between the different STB's.

Any other Dallasites with different STB's have any of the same results?

Thanks for your interest in resolving this.

Warren

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey Warren,

It was funny seeing you here! I work at the Tweeter in Plano. I think that the SRHD500 we have set up in the store does remap the 18 to 21. I will check tomorrow.

Jason

·
Registered
313 Posts
Warren thanks for the input. I sent your comments on to someone at Sony that had contacted us on the B frames.

As I understand from Harris there is a PSIP update to come out in 2-3 weeks. No clue what fixes or new problems it will create. It is said to automate the PGM guide.

[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.