AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I turned in 32-1 and have a good signal and video, but no audio. I called into the station and now a couple of hours later I have audio but no video. Anyone else having problems today??? Thanks - Rick

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Same here.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
No video..just audio here as well.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by greywolf
Same here.
Thanks Pat, I called the newsroom number (312-565-5533) and asked them to let master control know, maybe they'll get it fixed by the time 24 is on tonight.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Great, it's 7:33pm and I don't have picture or audio. I checked OTA and cable, and neither are showing up.

Ack! 24 is less than a half hour away...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Gentlemen,

Sorry to report that our DTV encoder died. We're off the air for 24-48 hours, depending on how fast the Encoder Mfgr gets us a replacement.

I'm currently in Sunnyvale CA at our automation vendor doing system tests for our new WFLD/WPWR MCR buildout, so I am not in Chicago to be able to attempt a temporary fix.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Thanks for the update, Bob... at least we won't have to keep flipping back during commercials to see if the signal came back up.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, same problem here. Had to watch 24 through the lousy DirecTV feed instead of the enhanced widescreen! Couldn't this have happeded during the day instead of during 24!?!?!?!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
I am the only one here who watches American Idol?
Yes. As a matter of fact, you may be the only person anywhere that watches American Idol. :D

Mike K.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
For sure you are the only person who will admit it publicly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Haven't looked in on this forum for quite a while - I guess because the technology has actually been working!

This particular problem is manifesting itself very strangely in our home. The RCA F38310 with rooftop antenna tries to tune 32-1 but come up with a bad analog fox signal, the label says WITI-DT. Milwaukee?

Stranger still, the TS-160 upstairs with a set top antenna is getting a digital picture on 32-1, strong signal, but the picture is squeezed in, black bars on the sides, and doesn't resize-zoom as it usually does. Audio is fine.

Last, we watch American Idol - Go Ruben!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Well, WFLD is back up and running, but the aspect ratio is completely messed up - it's compressed horizontally. But hey, at least it's sorta back up...

Edit: Also just noticed that it identifies itself as channel 31.02.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like the 'borrowed' an encoder from WITI, the Fox station in Milwaukee. My Dish 6000 is not remapping 31-1 to 32-1 and shows WITI, looks like there's a bit more work needed to be done.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.