Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone,

Sorry to report our DTV encoder died a horrible death. We're probably going to be off the air for 24-48 hours on the DTV channel.:(

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Bob, have the various stations in Chicago ever talked about getting a pool of 'spare' DTV hardware to help prevent extended outages? I'm not talking about a transmitter but what about encoders, PSIP generators, etc that all the stations could chip in and purchase and if their 'production' one died they could use the spare for lets say 1 week to allow them to get a replacement/fix.

·
Registered
186 Posts
What makes you think that several independent corporations would share the responsibility of capital equipment?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bob.

Are you guys still having problems? I have a Samsung sirt-150 which has been crashing when ever I try to tune to 32. Is there a problem with your psip. I tuned you in at work but noticed that the channel indicator kept changing from 31-2 to 32-1. I even tried another version of firmware, but box still crashed.

Steve Miller

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also having problems tuning in Fox the past two days. My Dish 6000 keeps crashing out of the channel and reverts to the analog Ch. 32. Hoping it will be back for the final '24' episodes.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by leputter
I am also having problems tuning in Fox the past two days. My Dish 6000 keeps crashing out of the channel and reverts to the analog Ch. 32. Hoping it will be back for the final '24' episodes.
Try to manually tune to 0311 (aka 031-1), that's what I have to do on my Dish6K to get it to tune in. Even then, until they get their encoder fixed it's only a 480i signal and while they did NASCAR on Sunday in 'widesceen' this last Tuesday's 24 was just the regular 4:3 framing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.