AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A post on the HDTV programming forum says the Bears/Packers game (B game) was to be in Fox widescreen. As of 12:08 WFLD-DT is only doing a stretch job on the image, it's not a 16:9 image. I'm sure of this since I have a PIP of the NTSC channel and it's exactly the same content in the image, which is not what I've seen on their normal widescreen NFL games. ARG!

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind, I went back after entering this thread and it's now in the correct aspect ratio.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, it's 12:33 and the image switches back to 4:3. What the heck is going on down at FOX????

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Fox never ceases to surprise me with their technical ineptness..this is indeed frustrating to watch.

·
Registered
729 Posts
WFLD seemed to figure it out during the second period, and the whole second half looked good here. I wish they would have had it right the entire broadcast, but they're still learning.

WFLD-DT is a very strong signal, by the way. I was rotating the antenna trying to pick up South Bend, Rockford, and Milwaukee (all in vain, nothing came in at all from out of town) and 31-1 came in no matter which way I was pointed. I've never seen an ounce of pixellization or dropouts of any kind on WFLD-DT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.