AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching WGCL (CBS) here in Atlanta is getting worse instead of better...Tonight I could not get sound at all during prime time shows...Lately it seems when there is sound, it is out of sync with the picture...What gives? Anyone else seeing this on HD CBS (19)?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sound is totally out even this morning...VERY BAD!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by greenwing
Watching WGCL (CBS) here in Atlanta is getting worse instead of better...Tonight I could not get sound at all during prime time shows...Lately it seems when there is sound, it is out of sync with the picture...What gives? Anyone else seeing this on HD CBS (19)?

Hmm, this has been a problem lately and there is a good bit of discussion about this on the Atlanta HDTV Yahoo groups forum at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ahdtv/

I had no problems last night for CSI on Comcast HD but some others reported a problem. There seems to be an issue with their recent upgrade attempt to DD5.1 but they claim there should not be any problems at present.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using regular antenna...Picture is fine...But even no sound this morning...Called and left a message for their senior eng, but I doubt I will get a call back...Never can tell...It's obvious something has changed there...Lip sync has been an issue for some time, but no sound at all now...

CBS is my fav prime time channel most of the time, but watching it in HDTV is getting to be a very difficult task...

·
Registered
576 Posts
This is a problem with the DTC-100 and it's ability to decode PSIP.

Others in the metro Atlanta area with different STB's and cards are receiving the audio fine.

This really bites are we were all set to watch CSI last night and whammo no sound :(

Jason

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use a ProScan STB...DTC-100 look-a-like...Is this going to be corrected? I do not have audio problems with other Atlanta local channels...

Sure don't feel like investing in another STB to get CBS...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is this no sound from Atlanta CBS suppose to only affect Digital sound? I cannot even get the regular analog red/white RCA jacks to produce sound...I turned off digital sound on the STB menus...Again all other channels work via the RCA jacks...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just received a call from WGCL (CBS)...The engineer acknowledged that there were problems...He seemed to indicate that they were going to have to discontinue DD sound until they can figure out what is wrong...They have reverted back to regular stereo sound for now since there are no soon to be DD scheduled broadcasts anyway...

I'm surprised I got a response...Very glad I did get one thou...They are working on the problem(s)...

At least there is sound now, so I can go back to prime time watching in HDTV...COOL!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have been ouot of town and unable to verify if the sound has been fixed.

Anyone with a DTC-100 notice a difference? Hopefully so as CSI is on tonight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.