AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is happening at WGN DT? For the last two nights I haven't had any sound.

Also, tonight I am receiving an OTA signal on channel 75-1 identified as WB WGN DT with no sound.

Additionally, there is a signal on 9-1, 9-2 with no sound.

·
Registered
220 Posts
As I have posted in the Hardware forum these fixes have not worked for me with the DST-3000. No matter what I do I get no sound. Tuning to 19-1 gives me "channel not available" and it automatically changes back to 9-1, but with no sound.:mad:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have also posted on this topic in the Hardware area trying to get anybody that has a DST-3000 in the Chicago area to help. So far no luck. Deleting 9-1, and trying to tune in 19-1 does not work, it just automatically shifts you back to 9-1 and you still get no sound. Rescanning all the locals sometimes gives me 2, 9-1 channels, and 2, 9-2, but no 19-1. Even with it somehow getting 4 digital signals from WGN, NONE OF THEM HAVE SOUND!!! How about it DST-3000 people in the Chicago area, where are you, and are you having the same trouble??????:confused:

·
Registered
220 Posts
As I posted in the hardware forum, I give up. I guess everbody here in the Chicago area who owns a DST-3000 just does not give a rats ass about my problem. Time to go elsewhere to seek help.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've had the same problem on my Mits receiver. I get a picture but no sound. WGN DT now appears twice as 9-1 and as 9-2, and none have sound. I've reset the receiver several times today due to problems with NFL Sunday Ticket (it kept losing all the games every 1/2 hour or so) but still no audio.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I hated to act like an ******* to get an answer, but at least now I now I'm not alone.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
A friend of mine just got his Dish 6000 and had the same problems as you guys are explaining but when I talked to him over the phone and I mentioned My 6000 was working OK with WGN we went through a bunch of deleting the WGN-DT and having the 6000 autodetect and trying it manually and he now has the same as I do (although I get WGN-DT on 19-01 & 19-02) 9.-01 has sound and is widescreen and 9-02 has no sound and is 4x3 video.

I would say to try deleting the WGN-DT and try to add it manually and if that doesn't work delete it again and have the receiver do a auto-detect!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I just got the Samsung SIR-T150 and find when switching to 9-1 sometimes it tunes in, sometimes it locks and stutters and sometimes it shows no signal. I turn unit on and off and it works.

Weird.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I got the following response to an e-mail that I entered on thw WGNTV web site, so you might want to update this thread with your information for Marc to review:

I work in the Engineering Department at WGN TV. You recent e-mail was forwarded to me for review and a response.

We have been following the comments on the avsforum as well as your individual e-mail. Our professional level receivers and our test consumer sets are not having any problems receiving our signal. We are currently transmitting an upconverted 480P HD signal on 9.1 and a standard definition signal on 9.2. Both should map from 19.1 and 19.2. In addition, channel 75.1 should bring you to channel 9.1, and you should find an active programming guide operational as well.

Could you tell me which of these signals you are receiving - with or without audio ??

What kind of receiver are you using ??

Thanks for your help as we work together to track this issue and resolve it.

Marc

WGN TV

·
Registered
220 Posts
I got the exact same response, word for word.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have a Sony KW34HD1. I receive 9.1, 9.2, 19.1, 19.2 and 75.1. I used to receive only 9.1 and 19.1, the other 3 seem new. On my set I can "hide" 19 and 75, so now I only see 9.1 and 9.2. I can't hide 9.2 without also hiding 9.1. At least on the occasions I have checked, 9.1 and 9.2 appear identical in picture quality. I have had no problems with sound. I assume this proliferation of channels is temporary.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I have a DST-3000 in the Chicago area and I also do not receive sound on any of the WGN channels. The rest of the stations come in fine.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Add me to the list as one who has/had problems with WGN-DT for about a week. I have the Dish6000..9-01 stopped delivering audio several days ago. The fix I had was to delete the channel and run a scan. The Dish6K found 75-1, but mapped it to 19-1 and 19-2. I get 19-1 with sound, 19-2 video only.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.