AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this reply from Marlon Kiser, the President & General Manager of WGTE, giving an update on their plans to transmit digital:

WGTE will begin digital broadcasting by the end of October.

We were granted an extension of our start date by the FCC because of delays in the receipt and installation of new microwave

antennae and some other equipment.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are they on the air? I can't see them, but I don't know if that's because they're delayed or because my OTA antenna stinks :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes,

WGTE is on the air. They started full time broadcasting 10/31. Surprisingly Buckeye Cable also started carrying WGTE-DT as well and they're including all 5 of their multicasting offerings. You may have to manually punch in 29 to pick them up but they're now showing up as:

30-1 - Children Programing (no content yet that I've seen).

30-2 - Learning channel (also no content yet)

30-3 - Standard (SD) broadcast

30-4 - WGTE World (no content yet)

30-5 - HDTV (24 hour HiDef content. Mostly a loop now of eye candy type content.

Buckeye carries all five as 630, 631, 632, 633, & 634. They reordered the content a bit with the HiDef channel up front on 630.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,652 Posts
Great news!

I'm getting it quite nicely up in the Detroit area on digital UHF channel 29.

Here's what I'm getting, as above, with nothing except a still screen on -2, -3, -4.

29-2 WGTE Kids, DT-1

29-3 WGTE Learning, DT-2

29-4 WGTE analog ch 30, DT-3

29-5 WGTE World, DT-4

29-6 WGTE HD, PBS demo loop, DT-5

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,652 Posts
I don't use remapping on my main DTV tuner (DTC-100); it will not let me delete the analog stations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.