AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stuck in which one should I purchase. I've been looking for a decent system without a sub for less than $350-400. I've heard the JBL's already and I'm thingking of 2 e20's front, 35 center and e10 surround. But I love the Wharfedale Diamond 8 looks. They have a beautiful finish but I wonder if they sound better than JBL E series?

Thanks a Lot!!!!!

·
Banned
3,181 Posts
it's hard to look at a speaker if you don't like its sound!!.... ;)

listen to them.....

personally, i like the jbl line....but you have to pick the speakers that sound the best to you....

cheers!

:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was about to buy them at onecall or etronics. That's when I saw Wharfedale from another site. It gave me a big headache on my setup. I still don't know what to buy. I used to have Vandersteen B1 and then I sold them after 8 years. I really loved those speakers because of their clarity and natural sound. I hope Wharfedale owners can help me out

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
How much do you plan on spending?

Seth

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
I can be accused of being biased, because I am, but I cannot recall Wharfedale being renowned for "clarity and natural sound," so my impression is that they will not return you to Vandersteen-type sound. Wharfedale does have some fans around here, so hopefully, one will chime in. At this price point, though, they do not compete well, IMO.

I'm with tubeguy44 (OH NO! :eek: ), but I prefer the JBLs; yet, neither of us can emphasize enough that you must listen to both and choose that which most appeals to you. Even the most beautiful woman wears thin if her personality is not pleasing, so don't pick on looks alone.

"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life,

Don't make a pretty woman your wife.

Go from my personal point of view,

Get an ugly girl to marry you."

Or maybe, as Bill Miller says, "Why can't it be both?"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.