AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a budget home theater speaker set and while I was browsing I stumbled upon the wharfedale diamond 8.x series. The reviews that I have seen until now were all very good.

Wharfedale suggests a system with:

2 diamond 8.3

2 diamond 8.1

and the diamond 8 centre
Wharfedale Homepage

I am planning to buy the philips962sa (dvd/sacd combination) so the speakers have to perform good in 'normal/super' audio as well.

Can anyone tell me something about the speakers?

Is it wise to take 4 diamond 8.3's instead of the combination with diamond 8.1's for a more equal sound image?

'Good audio can be felt'

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Hello,

I myself would prefer the 4x8.3's. I run 4 Wharfedale Emerald 97 towers because I love the full range sound and superb imaging in multi-channel stereo.

Either setup would be fine with these speakers which are very good. You can't beat Wharfedale for the money. Have you considered the Pacific's?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Have you considered the Pacific's?
No I can't say, I have. The sound of the pacific series is probably better but they do not fit within my budget.

If I compare the most expensive diamond (8.4) it's still cheaper then the simplest pacific (pi-20)

(The diamond's are half as expensive as the pacifics.)

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Hello again,

Also consider the Emeralds. They are back on Ubid again. I just snatched another pair in the hard to find Walnut a short time ago for less $ than the first pair. They are simply incredible speakers for the $ and represent one of the best value for $ anywhere on the planet, IMO. Really, this is like stealing, only legal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.