AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

· Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know much about this new upcoming Opus2 Series, but it seems it will feature a few newly introduced Opus2 Bookshelf speakers (no bookshelf designs were available for the original Opus Series); in two different driver configurations.

It also seems they have changed/upgraded the Opus drivers and fitted them with similar (or the same) diaphragms, as used in the Evo2 Series.

This is the only picture I could find. It is a very limited shot of the display, so only a few speakers are visable.

Anyone find any other pictures or articles regarding this new Opus2 Series?

http://www.cinenow.com/uk/image-article-1438.html

· Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleHT /forum/post/0

Does this mean the original Opus will be on clearance soon? Great!

I imagine, yes!

I'm not interested in trading-in or selling my Opus 2 (2 channel/HT in my Living Room) for the new Opus2 2, but I'm interested in the Opus2 bookshelf speakers for rears (replacing my current Evo 10), which I had been hoping they would do for quite some time, now.

Although, I wouldn't rule out a pair of Opus2 2 in the high gloss Rosewood for my office, some time in the future, depending on how these changes/upgrades to the Opus Series effect the sound.

I really love the sound of my Opus 2 and I'm wary of any changes that alters or changes the wonderful and sweet emotional presence I get from my Opus 2. Of course that has a lot to do with my gear, also.

· Registered
735 Posts
I would guess the new speakers are just the bookshelves. And the current line to be offered in more finishes. One thing I recently noticed visually is because of the one woofer, the Opus 1 has the smaller grill and thus the entire bottom 40% of the front panel is in the speakers finish (piano black in mine). They look very elegant. Seems strange these new speakers show 1 with mid in middle and one with it on top.

· Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think they call it the " d'Apollito arrangement" (driver alignment). Although I have seen the tweeter placed a little further out to the edge of the speaker (as in the Castle Conway 3 speakers), when the d'Apollito arrangement is employed; so I'm not exactly sure if it can be considered the d'Apollito arrangement with the tweeter directly in-line with the midrange/bass drivers. Maybe someone else knows.

BTW, someone sent me a PM a few weeks ago asking questions and comparisons of the Opus 2 and what kind of music I listen to; but I accidently deleted the message from my box when I was cleaning it out. I can't remember the username.

If you read this and still need my opinion and info, please contact me again. Sorry about that, I goofed.

· Registered
2,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjMV3 /forum/post/0

Yes Tawaun, they do, look impressive.

I'm very interested in hearing them. Hope they sound as impressive, as they look.

Definitely interested in some more Wharfedale speakers, here.

im very interrested in hearing them to,Wharfedale has never let me down,you can always expect something impressive from them.

· Registered
RX-681 > Wharf Evo "5" MShort "1"
331 Posts
Nice!

The Opus line has been on clearance for quite a while, www.ayselectronics.com has them for ~50% of retail. I nearly bought an Opus center to go with my EVO30s but decided to stick to conventional wisdom and snagged an EVO CC from them. I had gotten the EVOs for a similar discount from Audio Advisors when they still had stock.

· Registered
2,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehawk_OS /forum/post/0

Nice!

The Opus line has been on clearance for quite a while, www.ayselectronics.com has them for ~50% of retail. I nearly bought an Opus center to go with my EVO30s but decided to stick to conventional wisdom and snagged an EVO CC from them. I had gotten the EVOs for a similar discount from Audio Advisors when they still had stock.

You sure cant beat that deal!

· Registered
276 Posts
I've been eyeing those deals at ayseelectronics for a while too. I wonder how accurate/true the note is on how many are in stock (998 of the Opus 2 supposedly). I won't be ready to upgrade for at least another 7 months (funds after move), and am worried they'll sell out or will jack the prices back up when stock gets low like Audioadvisor did with the Evos. And if the pricing of the new Evo2 line is of any indication, the Opus2 could be over $3,500.

· Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm going to repeat what I asked and said in that other thread:

Fastnbulbous, have you recently bought anything from that on-line company? Or ever?

A while back I asked about this company and I tried calling them using the number they provide on the site (1-888-777-7115); but that number is disconnected.

Also, there seems to be some question regarding how they list the speaker's price. It seems they are pricing as individual speakers, not by the pair.

Either way, unless you have had personal experience shopping from that place, recently; I would stay clear of buying from them. Something definitely doesn't wash with that company. Something seems shaddy.

Also, the only on-line (internet) vendors authorized by Wharfedale to sell their products in the USA are .......Amazon.com, Audioadvisor.com, and Buy.com.

· Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One more thing about www.ayselectronics.com

No where on their site do they provide an address. Not even in their Return Policy page.

There's no indication of a valid address which can be double-checked and confirmed.

I also tried to check them out on the BBB, because they claim this....

" It should be no surprise we are ranked one of the best dealers on the web and have a 5 star ranking by the Better Business Bureau. If you haven't purchased from us you will be glad you did. All merchandise is fully warranted by the manufactures and we don't sell "Gray Market Goods". Any questions call directly! Terry Ray - Owner 1-888-777-7115 "

There's no record of this company at the Better Business Bureau. Which of course means no complaints have been filed. But nor is there a "5 Star Rating" , either.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this on-line vendor is legitimate. But something smells rotten with this company and their website.

· Registered
276 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. I thought I had seen comments on other threads/forums from people who had experience with them, but I would have a hard time backtracking and remembering. If the site is bogus I'll be disappointed, because my mouth has been watering over those prices, dammit.

Let's try to investigate more and find some conclusive evidence on whether they're legit or not. Icehawk, did your order go through?

Here's what popped up in a Whois search for their domain, which has been registered since Aug 5, 1998:

At Your Service
[email protected]

5500 E. Loop 820S, #203

Ft. Worth, TX 76119

(205) 650-0993

We should be able to find out tomorrow what the deal is.

· Registered
276 Posts
Great, I sent you a PM. When we find some conclusions can report back here.

Also, I found this mention of Opus2 by the Audioholics folks last week. At first I thought they were referring to the Opus 2 model, and was confused. Will look for more detailed reports.

· Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastnbulbous /forum/post/0

Great, I sent you a PM. When we find some conclusions can report back here.

Also, I found this mention of Opus2 by the Audioholics folks last week. At first I thought they were referring to the Opus 2 model, and was confused. Will look for more detailed reports.

I'm going to call them some time around 12:00-1:00 PM (eastern time).

Yeah, Wharfedale has an Opus2 version coming out to replace the original Opus series.

But Audioholics screwed up. The speakers they have pictured on their site (CES 2007), are actually the Evo2 50 and the Evo2 30; not the Opus2 series. I sent one of the guys at Audioholics.com a PM making them aware of their mistake.

This is the only picture I have been able to find of the new upcoming Opus2 Series

http://www.cinenow.com/uk/image-article-1438.html

If you look closely in the left corner of the picture, you can see the Opus2 v2 in the gloss rosewood finish. The drivers of the Opus2 series are a bit different than that of the Evo2 series.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.