AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to buy new home cinema speakers and i am wondering about the quality of the diamond 250 front L-R diamond 200-c diamond 220 sr-sl and also i have option to buy

R-28F Home Theater System from klipsch what is your opinion

subwoofer i already have 642e SB THX Select from atlantic technologies

by the way the room size is 3wm x 5dm x 2,50h
because i never had the oportunity to listen one of the 2 system i need your advice before i used to have kef 3005
amplifier i have pioneer vsx2020

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
If I was buying blind, I'd pick the Whafedale. I have a set of Wharfedale Diamond 9.0's Wharfedale is probably the safer purchase..

Although they're from a different range, mine are 2 way small bookshelf, with 25mm treble, those 250's look different on treble

I have bought a couple of speakers blind, Celestion A1, liked them so then bought Celestion A3, also Kef Reference Model 2.2

·
Registered
234 Posts
Totally agree.. Wharfedales are warmer.. the higher the volume the better it gets.. IMO. Klipsch better at lower volumes... (i have heard of a friends, maybe im biased as i own wharfedales).

Wharfedales are underrated though...

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
^ Do yourself a favor, pambos. Audition the speakers (and any others that are available) before putting down your money. It's simply unwise to buy blind.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
^ Do yourself a favor, pambos. Audition the speakers (and any others that are available) before putting down your money. It's simply unwise to buy blind.
I've bought SB Ultra 13 and ATI blind.

With most stores closed, or internet direct or special items, you cannot demo.

Also by buying second hand I bought a pair of £900 speakers, for £125. So would you say demo them and pay £900?

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
The problem is, NO ONE can tell you want speakers will sound best! Only your ears can make that call. Some people absolutely love the compression driver in the Klipsch speakers, some hate them. The best thing to do would be buy both from a seller that aloows reasonable returns and audition them both side by side in your house!
I would agree that the Wharfdale speakers might be the safer choice, if you cannot audition the speakers...

·
Registered
234 Posts
In our market is not available to hear the systems so i need help from people that heard the system also the whaferdale wins awards 2014 for the best speakes bookshelf under 200?
Wharfedales are underrated. i was testing my bookshelf (aka surrounds) since they dont get blasted often. i tested them for the first time doing stereo mode and they aint too bad at all. got pretty loud (i got a 150w version @ 6ohms) it was awesome.

let us know what you decide

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
It's a matter of semantics. Anyone who buys from internet direct companies is usually buying without ever hearing the product before (unless one has heard that speaker or sub in another home). That is usually the only way to hear I.D. speakers/subwoofers. I personally don't consider this buying in the blind. I consider it auditioning or testing in the blind. Semantics. If one likes them, keep them. If one doesn't, then return them (sometimes costing return shipping and sometimes not). They are only purchases if one decides to keep them past the trial period. I auditioned three I.D. subwoofers in my home, which gave me insight to each subwoofer's capabilities versus the other. I kept what I liked and return what I didn't. It was the same with speakers, although I decided to keep the first pair of I.D. speakers from my list and didn't feel I needed to audition the other I.D. speakers on that list. But that doesn't mean I didn't audition other speakers or other subwoofers while I was auditioning speakers/subwoofers in my home. I auditioned two other subwoofers and seven other speakers at audio stores during those time frames. So no, I don't feel I purchased anything in the blind. Others will feel I purchased them all in the blind :).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would like to thank you all for your help
i will go for the wharfedale for now because i am in audio business i can sell easy the products if i don't like it i alreday sold my last 3 systems kef 3005 tannoy arena and one pioneer cheap system
but one of the best system that i ever heard was the Atlantic technologies 8200e
i will go for the whaferdale and i will let you know
btw before i was thinking about the jade series but now the diamond are new with more low end in the front

1 - 18 of 18 Posts