AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found one of these two speakers might be just the ticket to move my 5.1 system up to 7.1 [price wise etc.] - they and one other - The JBL Balcony Venue Series all sell for right under $100 a pair. BUT the Wharfedale and Fluance are both Bi-Polar speakers.

I am leaning toward a pair of Wharfedale's BUT I have never heard them or the Fluance's and would appreciate any input from anyone out there that has some hands [whoops! ears on] on experience with any of these.

THANKS, Michael

PS - the Fluance's would cost around $30 more because of shipping BUT the Wharfedale's are $99.99 w shipping included.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Had both and the wharfys win by a large margin. The fluance have no bass to speak off, are muffled, and tend to be harsh at louder volumes.

In contrast the wharfs have excellent bass (they really thump during the lightning scene in WOTW)

Also their mids are quite pleasant along with the highs. They blend fairly well with my Rockets.

Hope some of that rambling helped some.

JR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.