108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have my eye on the

Mitsubishi HC7800D

Sharp XV-Z17000

Optoma HD33

BenQ W7000

BenQ W1070

I've read reviews and they all pretty much say these guys are good projectors.. I can't really seem to find which one offers the best performance though. Any suggestions? Or perhaps one I didn't list?

~$1,500

Home theater purpose with controlled lighting. 2d PQ is most important to me

~100 inch screen

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain2  /t/1471361/what-1-500-projectors-should-i-be-looking-at-for-best-2d-picture-quality#post_23280184

Right now I have my eye on the

Mitsubishi HC7800D

Sharp XV-Z17000

Optoma HD33

BenQ W7000

BenQ W1070

I've read reviews and they all pretty much say these guys are good projectors.. I can't really seem to find which one offers the best performance though. Any suggestions? Or perhaps one I didn't list?

~$1,500

Home theater purpose with controlled lighting. 2d PQ is most important to me

~100 inch screen

Thanks guys.

It seems 3D is also a factor for you. I've been comparing 3D projectors for awhile, as I'm about to purchase one as well. Right now I'm leaning towards the Epson 3020 since excellent brightness is a huge factor for good 3D. It also has some motion smoothing which can have a very positive effect in 3D mode. And it's right around $1500. Here are some positives from projectorreviews.com

http://www.projectorreviews.com/epson/home-cinema-3020/index.php

None of the three major 3D capable 3D projectors near the price can match the brightness. I'm talking about the Acer H9500BD, the BenQ W7000, and the Optoma HD33.

Bottom line on 3D: 3D viewing with this Epson projector is a much improved experience compared to last year's model. It really comes down to a number of small things, making for a major improvement:

•Significantly brighter - likely mostly due to the new glasses

•Signficantly improved black levels thanks to the dynamic iris now available (your choice) for 3D viewing

•More comfortable - much lighter glasses

•RF instead of IR means you don't lose sync with the glasses if you look away for a couple of seconds (such as talking to a friend)

•Rechargeable glasses - no need to keep buying those lithium button batteries

•Best thing - if the glasses run out of charge, only 3 minutes for enough charge to watch a whole movie

•One of last year's two best affordable projectors for 3D is now overall my favorite for 3D in the price range

1 - 4 of 4 Posts