AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 16:9 Direct View, but they all seem to lock into Full on a Progressive signal. Are there any that scale 4:3, 480p? I have a lot of 4:3 DVDs (mostly anime) and just purchased a brand new Panny RP62, so getting another DVD player with a scaler is definitely out of the question.

Scott

·
Registered
316 Posts
The Toshiba 34HF81 will display it any way you want it: 4:3, 16:9, or zoom (for non-animorphic widescreen DVDs).

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I watch all formats on full for a full year now and my F-38310 hasn't burned any images. I have a few 'fool' frame 1.33:1 concerts, Fleetwood Mac "The Dance" yet I watch it the non screen burning format.

I have digital choice cable TV from www.sectv.com , I watch all movies in full format on my F-38310. I don't even see the stretch anymore, my advice is do the same. I know of other AVS forum users that burnt an image using the 4:3 AKA Thomas Alva Edisons (light bulb inventer) format that he invented. 1953 broght a change with The Robe in wide screen at the movie theatre.

Your choice I hope you make the right one!

:)

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
The poster is asking about forced squeeze from 480p signals, which the RCA does do. :(

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
the loewe aconda 38 and 30 inch models let you do horizontal squeeze. however, it's a bowed shape for some reason, so it only works for letterboxed nonanamorphic images. however, apparently there's a firmware upgrade that will fix that in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.