AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be picking up a bedroom TV, and I did a little research and found favorable reviews for the Sony EX308/EX400 lines, good audio, picture, etc.

I was wondering if I should be looking at anything else for that size range, any recommendations?

The one requirement is it can't be over 21" with the stand really (absolutely not over 22"), it's going in to the corner on a dresser against a slanted ceiling, so height is not ideal, but the Sony just squeezes in @ ~21"

I'd think sound quality is a bigger factor than picture quality, since I probably won't even be making out 480p at my viewing distance, so it is nice that the Sony got better audio reviews than some of the more generic ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the EX400 and I love it. For the price it's a great TV. The picture is bright, fairly crisp, and the colors are very accurate. At the time I thought 40" was big but after a while I realized a 46" would have been fine. There 4 HDMI ports, which means no switching cables in and out anymore. HD TV is great but the quality depends on your cable provider. I have found Verizon to be amazing and Time Warner to be okay. I live in NYC if that helps. It doesn't have the 120 hertz but I haven't noticed any motion blur at all and I watch a lot of baseball/basketball

·
Registered
28 Posts
right out of the box, you might be disappointed by the audio on the Ex400, but there's a lot of sound tweaking options and when you fiddle around with them, the sound signature can become more forward firing, rather than that boxy sound you get from most LCD TV's. There's plenty of volume on the EX400 for a bedroom TV, especially if you mess around with the offset level. It can distort with bass, so I tend to keep that down on the EQ settings. Overall, not bad sound for an LCD TV, but nothing that's going to knock the socks off of you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts