AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I did a search here without a definite answer.

I've been looking into purchasing a TV perhaps at the end of this week or next... what tv sets (non-plasma) 1080p preferably between 37"-46" directly play various media formats (xvid/divx/wmv/etc) from external usb drives?

I see that the truled vizio series has a bunch of USB ports, but they are not enabled/active? I've come across some LG's that might have this feature already?

The brand is not that important to me, but I would like to keep it under $800. An ethernet port and wifi capability would be nice too!

Thanks for bringing me up to speed with the current options.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for writing, but were there well known sets used by the community that presently serves this feature... or perhaps with a next expected firmware update?

I understand what you meant by an external media player but wasn't planning on just that in the immediate future. Just curious to know what sets have a similar feature...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone else come across any other LCD's between 40-46" that supports this direct usb playback from an external hdd? I'm still looking / waiting to purchase a TV hopefully this month... didn't find one yet since the original post. I haven't owned / used a TV set in years so this will be the first...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts