AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new house and had to leave my Pioneer 5010 there. Is there any reason not to buy a Pioneer 6020 for my new house? Should I go LCD instead?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Get a 151 FD. If you can find one, it will never let you down. I have had mine for almost a year now and every time I turn it on and see that Hi-Def Direct Tv picture it makes me smile. It will be the best TV to own for at least another year or two.

·
Registered
885 Posts
If you don't need speakers or a stand or a tuner, the Pioneer 600M monitor would be the best bargain among the three Pioneer 60" displays (Elite 151, 6020, and 600M).

But any of those three Pioneers blows away any current LCD. And after having owned a 5010, you'd definitely not be happy with LCD.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I loved my 5010 so I'd take some convincing to switch, but it was two years old and I haven' t kept up with the newer stuff. 600M sounds like a good deal. I just need the monitor.

·
Registered
885 Posts
There's also a third-party patch available for the 600M that gives it ISFccc Day and Night Modes, and in essence makes it very similar to the Pioneer 141 Elite 60" Monitor (minus the 141's "hand-picked parts" bit) that I forgot to list above among the Pioneer 60" displays. You can PM me for info on that if you'd like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts