AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a RPTV, but have a tight stairwell for the delivery guys to go through.

I was wondering which units come apart for easier delivery?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

·
Registered
119 Posts
kansai,

I have the Mitsubishi 65 WS65819 Platinum Plus. Comes apart easily and very nicely. I could not fit the 57 from Toshiba down the stairs so I had to go bigger .... he he. :D

If you are looking at a HD 65 set then look no further. All the levels of Mitsu's 65 inch line I believe come apart (not sure though)

Firmie

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just bought the 65swx last week for the same reasons as stated, it splits and needs to get up the stairs. I would have gotten the 57" but heard too many potential problems with the stairs so had to go up in size. Hope the darn thing isn't going to be too big. ;) I'll be 12-13' away. Unfortunately, I won't get it delivered till Feb. when the house is complete.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You'll love the 65" set! I went the same route due to the split cabinet and thought it might overpower my room - it doesn't. I sit 12' away and it's a very good size screen for that distance. You'll be glad you went bigger!! Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
kansai999, I also have a tight stairwell, and that's one of the reasons I ordered a Samsung HLM507W in August. It may finally get here this week! ;)

The HLM617W may fit down your stairwell if it's not too tight. Plus, DLP rules! Quoting Jeff (jautor) in the thread > Display Devices > Rear Projection Units > Samsung 61" DLP is shipping!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=197953

...the actual dimensions of the set (rounded up to next 1/4 inch) are:

Total Height: 40.25" (including the 'foot', which is 1" high)

Total Width: 56.5"

Footprint Width: 36"

Deepest Depth: 20.5" (about 1/3 up from the bottom of the set)

Footprint Depth: 16" (cables need probably another 1" of depth)

Samsung ( http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...HLM617WX%2fXAA ) says:

Net Dimensions: 56 1/2"(W) x 40 1/4"(H) x 19 7/16"(D)

Net Weight: 103 5/8 lbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.