AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few 1080p tv's in mind including Samsung HLS7178, Toshiba 72HM196 or the JVC HD-70FH97, i have a PS3 and i am wondering what you think will give me the best picture quality via Hdmi cable....

Thanks

Brett

· Registered
502 Posts
Brett ... I know how hard the decision process is ... I just went back and forth for weeks comparing the Mits 73" and the Samsung HLS7178. What I did was read every thread here covering these tvs, and then looked at them in person. Even then, I was torn, but came down on the side of the Samsung ... for some reason, I liked it better ... but I imagine I would have been happy with either.

It's probably the same with you ... if these tv's have the features you're looking for, then pick the one that you like best (or that you can get a good deal on) and give it a whirl.

I imagine they'll all be fine .. and all should give great PQ with the PS3 (I'm assuming they all have HDMI inputs, as I didn't research the Toshiba and JVC). Good Luck with your decision.

· Registered
65 Posts
Check out the feburary edition of hometheater mag. It had a face off between the top 1080p rear projection tvs. They were 60in tv but i am sure the results will be similar with the 70in sets. The samsung was the #1 pick. It had the best accuracy with colors good contrast ratio and great scaling. The sony came 3rd out of 6 and the mits was fifth. The mits had a low contrast ratio and not very deep blacks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.