AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
If you don't have permission, I don't think it's "correct" to post the whole article. And you linked to it already?

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/19567248

If you don't have permission, I don't think it's "correct" to post the whole article. And you linked to it already?

well i never really thought about that. i mean, it is on the internet for all to read. moderators can delete if they feel it's inappropriate i guess

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I am no expert on intellectual property, but it's generally not a good idea to copy entire articles without permission - it's no different with online content than printed content, as far as I know.

Why do it, when you can link to it, avoiding all possible ramifications I guess?

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/19567278

I am no expert on intellectual property, but it's generally not a good idea to copy entire articles without permission - it's no different with online content than printed content, as far as I know.

Why do it, when you can link to it, avoiding all possible ramifications I guess?

very good point. thread edited to just the link.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Pure-Evil,

Thank you for providing the link to that excellent article. I've read about some of the various tests and heard the quotes before but here they're conviently grouped together.

Not to pat myself on the back (at least not TOO hard
) it reinforces what I've believed for many years.

Cheers,

SB

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
@pure... while it's a good read, and it's definitely true, i find it somewhat amusing that you are willing to accept this paper as "true fact", yet will not accept equally valid work when it comes to amplifiers...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingus /forum/post/19574930

There is one of the expensive speaker cable on amazon that has some of the most halarious review on it. Here is the link. It would be great comedy if people did not fall for this stuff

http://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-K2-...1224063&sr=1-2

Those reviews have made me laugh harder than I have in a long while...

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
I didn't read the article. Because I already know super inflated high end equipment is usually total bullfeces catered towards those who are always willing to shell out more bucks because they are smitten with brand names.

Even when there is NO scientifically backed performance to show any sizable difference in performance for the massive differences in price. This applies to amps, speakers, subs, wires, racks, and the rest. This should be common sense for those willing to do their own research.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.