AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we started construction on our basement remodelling / HT project at the end of May. The contractors original estimate was to be complete by the middle of July (8-10 weeks). It is now in week 15 of construction and the project is still not complete (although we are considerably closer than last week).

I have been slowly going nuts waiting for this to get finished. I have been doing some of the work myself after hours (painting, finishing work, in-wall wiring for A/V equip), but with the end finally in sight I am getting that antsy "kid-at-Christmas" feeling.

Originally I was going to keep a running diary, but three kids at teh house, a job and a wife who insists on seeing me at least once a day put the kibbosh on that plan. I did take plenty of before- and after- pictures, so once its done I will be sure to post them for all to see.

Thanks to all the contributors to these threads. Many of the ideas I have implemented (from wall sconces to color schemes to furniture to rope lighting in a crown modling tray (delayed) to Aura Bass Shakers for the seats) came straight out of this forum and the memebrs galleries. My finished theater will be decidedly entry-level, but it is nearly complete and I can't wait....

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Don't feel too bad. My theater took about a year but I did most of the work myself.

It sounds like you are going to have a really nice one. Looking forward to the pics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.