AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And why don't we throw in the Denon 1604 and the Yam 5660 while we're at it. I can get any one of them within $50 of each other.

The use is music (primarily computer driven, some dvd) and home theatre (x1 on its way)

Basically, as a computer guy the all digital xr45 really intrigues me. I have read all the threads and this direction seems very interesting.

The Pio seems to have gotten the best notices in this price range, and I had focused on it until I read more about the xr45.

The JVC 9010 (not 9030) is in the running primarily because I have seen some very partial to jvc here and the USB port - very good for computer driven music.

Denon and Yam seem to get better notices here as manufacturers - how do their low ends compete?

I'm making the buying decision by Wednesday so it can arrive at the same time as the x1 and my hdtv cable box. Gotta treat yourself occasionally.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry, forgot to mention, small room - 10X12 with an open end, so this power level should be fine.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok... Not a lot of feedback - I understand that most here are focused on equipment in the 1k+ range, but even an opinion based on knowing the business and not on these particular products would be helpful

The other thing I liked about the 912k was the automatic speaker set up - something I can never get quite right myself - and the biggest loss to me (I think) should I choose to go with the digital rec.

Seriously, throw me a bone here ;)

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Well I voted for the XR45 based on the XR45 thread here on the site. I have a Kenwood VR7070 and that would be my vote in this price range if comparing only to the Pioneer and Sony DS line (they are what I listened to when shopping). The 45 looks very interesting - I'm looking to upgrade the 2-channel system in my living room and was thinking NAD or Rotel - but I may just have to try out that 45 first.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, I had intended to include the VR7070 - not sure how that didn't make the list as I can get it for the same price. I guess you're saying you perferred that to the pioneer. But you'd give the digital a chance had it been available. Probably my biggest worry about it is that after stripping down the software front-end it may sound good for two channel but not be as capable a home theatre receiver.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, since Dell is hosing me on the shipping of my x1 I've got a couple more days to make this call - any other input on a $300-$350 HT receiver?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.