AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Coyote Waits
Joined
·
27,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballforever /forum/post/0


I looked in the JVC thread an didn't see this model listed, so I'm going to ask if this deal worth it and is this set a good deal?

The set you are looking at is 720p. There are also 1080p RPTV sets available. You should take some time to learn about the differences and how you feel about them. AVS forums is a good place to learn that kind of stuff.


Note that the post above mine was written by a well known Troll and you are better off just ignoring him. Once the weekend is over his posts will probably be deleted as they have been so often in the past.


The link he posted is fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi0mixer /forum/post/0


The best TV out there is the Mitsubishi 1080P DLP which has received the highest rating EVER of any TV on CNET. Even without the GREEN GLOB design defect the Mitsubishi is a significantly better TV.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4323-6531_7-...5.html?tag=dir

Troll. Research the 1080p models (87w and 88w 50" and above SAMSUNG). IMO they are much better for the future and better quality. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits /forum/post/0


The set you are looking at is 720p. There are also 1080p RPTV sets available. You should take some time to learn about the differences and how you feel about them. AVS forums is a good place to learn that kind of stuff.


Note that the post above mine was written by a well known Troll and you are better off just ignoring him. Once the weekend is over his posts will probably be deleted as they have been so often in the past.


The link he posted is fine.

well 1080p means really nothing to be, yeah I do own a PS3, but playing it in 720p is just fine with me, plus they aren't going to be broadcasting anything in 1080p anytime soon.
 

·
Coyote Waits
Joined
·
27,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballforever /forum/post/0


well 1080p means really nothing to be, yeah I do own a PS3, but playing it in 720p is just fine with me, plus they aren't going to be broadcasting anything in 1080p anytime soon.

If you are informed about what's available then pick the set you like the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
footballforever,


We have the JVC 56" 720p set and love it....especially for the price that we paid for it. We bought ours at BB for the no interest til 2010 and the stand was included in the deal. I'm not sure what your budget is...but the 1080p was only a $150 difference just this last weekend. That is one of the smallest differences in price between 720p and 1080p sets in the same line at this size. If I could have bought the 1080p set for this little price difference....I would have....but it was a $300 difference when we bought our set.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrow1994 /forum/post/0


footballforever,


We have the JVC 56" 720p set and love it....especially for the price that we paid for it. We bought ours at BB for the no interest til 2010 and the stand was included in the deal. I'm not sure what your budget is...but the 1080p was only a $150 difference just this last weekend. That is one of the smallest differences in price between 720p and 1080p sets in the same line at this size. If I could have bought the 1080p set for this little price difference....I would have....but it was a $300 difference when we bought our set.

you bought in store right?


well since it's a new wekk the price differnce is now more then $150, damn I should have looked yesterday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
footballforever,


Yes...we bought ours in store. Don't forget the Rewards Zone....



Yeah....I just went to BB's online store and saw that the 1080p is back up to $2000+. Well you can either buy the 720p at the great price....or you can wait a week and see if the price on the 1080p will go down again. BB is supposed to have no interest til 2010 from now until February 3rd....so that still gives you some time if you go with them. Of course you can go with a completely different brand, too. How far away will you be sitting from this tv? We sit about 11 1/2 feet away from ours....so the benefit of 1080p is minimal.


Forgot to add....here's a thread dealing with the 56" 720p set from JVC

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...light=JVC+720p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrow1994 /forum/post/0


footballforever,


Yes...we bought ours in store. Don't forget the Rewards Zone....



Yeah....I just went to BB's online store and saw that the 1080p is back up to $2000+. Well you can either buy the 720p at the great price....or you can wait a week and see if the price on the 1080p will go down again. BB is supposed to have no interest til 2010 from now until February 3rd....so that still gives you some time if you go with them. Of course you can go with a completely different brand, too. How far away will you be sitting from this tv? We sit about 11 1/2 feet away from ours....so the benefit of 1080p is minimal.


Forgot to add....here's a thread dealing with the 56" 720p set from JVC

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...light=JVC+720p

about 10 feet, so can I print the page up and just take it to the store and tell them this is what I want? You said the TV is nice right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
Well...ultimately the choice of which tv to buy is up to you. You really need to go there and check out the tv for yourself. Compare it with other HDTV's in your price range. But, I will say that I am really happy with the tv we got....especially for the price we paid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrow1994 /forum/post/0


Well...ultimately the choice of which tv to buy is up to you. You really need to go there and check out the tv for yourself. Compare it with other HDTV's in your price range. But, I will say that I am really happy with the tv we got....especially for the price we paid.

did a replacement bulb come with the TV when you bought it, I heard that they give you one free, also I heard that the buld could be replaced by the user easliy, if thats the case this TV seems like it could be somthing I want, and at 56" I mean hell yeah. I have been looking hard for one and I'm just torn, but I have been looking ath this JVC closly, I keep hearing that LCOS is better the DLP. One more thing Crow, what about burn-in's with this set?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballforever /forum/post/0


well 1080p means really nothing to be, yeah I do own a PS3, but playing it in 720p is just fine with me, plus they aren't going to be broadcasting anything in 1080p anytime soon.

htwaits made a very good point which you chose to ignore.


Your stubborn ignorance is going to lead you to waste your money on a crappy TV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhue /forum/post/0


htwaits made a very good point which you chose to ignore.


Your stubborn ignorance is going to lead you to waste your money on a crappy TV.

I guess that makes all of us who bought a "crappy" 720p set instead of a 1080p, stubborn and ignorant. Thanks for the update.


However....htwaits also posted...If you are informed about what's available then pick the set you like the best


It seems that footballforever has determined that a 720p set works best for him. Just because he's not interested in buying what you consider important, that doesn't make him stubborn or ignorant. He's just doing what he feels is best for him.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top