AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Panasonic HD20 receiver (Great picture quality really) and want to change that to SONY HD200 (I still don't know why).I opened the box and set it up same like Panasonic.I have a Cable, Directv and OTA channels and I put all in and went to setup autoprograming;

Picked up cable channels without HD channels? I have 3 HD channels here with cable and I can get with Panasonic but SONY HD200 didn't pick them up then automatic search contineu with the OTA channels and picked up the HD CBS and digital fox vs. vs. channels.I have the RGB connection and saw the HD CBS nicely.What did I wrong to not get Cable HD channels.By the way for OTA I will use my TV tuner anyway (SONY KDP-57XBR2) great HD picture quality without box (I thought I could put all the inputs together Cable, SAT and OTA in 1 favorite channels listing with SONY HD200 and go from there easy).I changed some inputs or outputs (Cable & antenna) from the box to get HD cable channels but no success.

Please help what am I missing

Thank you

(Box has some nice futures)

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm not in front of the TV right now so I don't remember the exact option, but somewhere in the Setup menu is a selection for Digital Input where you can select Antenna or Cable. It defaults to Antenna.

Tony

·
Registered
506 Posts
You might confirm which encoding standard you cable company is using to broadcast HD channels. The HD200 only supports 8-VSB encoding and not QAM encoding standards (see page 97 of owners manual).

Just one thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.