AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new Plasma 58V10(Dec 09 build). I noticed that there are often red/pinkish and green outlines around subjects, buildings etc in the program material. Occurs mainly at each side of the screen. Seems similar to convergence issues but I didn't think this could happen with Plasma. You can see this effect from our normal viewing distance to varying degrees depending on the image, but very noticeable when close to the screen. The pictures still look sharp and clear tho'.

Is this common and does it vary from panel to panel or have I got a bad panel?.

I have attached some pictures which show the effect.

Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davestan /forum/post/18158618

Just got my new Plasma 58V10(Dec 09 build). I noticed that there are often red/pinkish and green outlines around subjects, buildings etc in the program material. Occurs mainly at each side of the screen. Seems similar to convergence issues but I didn't think this could happen with Plasma. You can see this effect from our normal viewing distance to varying degrees depending on the image, but very noticeable when close to the screen. The pictures still look sharp and clear tho'.

Is this common and does it vary from panel to panel or have I got a bad panel?.

I have attached some pictures which show the effect.

Thanks for any comments.

It looks like Chromatic Aberrations which would be in the source material (caused by the camera lens). The best way to tell would be to view the same program on another TV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.