AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry i'm so impatient but i need to feed these beasts some power and i don't know the best solution. i have a denon 3802 but feel the 110 wpc may not be sufficient. will this be enough for a small sized room or should i add a 2-channel amp?

thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hello Mother,

I have heard the Paradigm Studio 100's sound the best with a pair of Krell FPB 350 monoblocks. It was just an awesome combination but very pricey.

But I do think that having a pair of Bryston 4Bst's will be great as well at a much cheaper alternative.

Just my 2cents, Brian

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't know of any receiver on the market that will do justice to those speakers. I doubt Paradigm had receivers in mind when they designed the speaker. The suggestion for Bryston's 4BST is a good one, though one ought to suffice. It is very conservatively rated at 250w per side; in practice it will usually deliver over 300 per side. But, more important, it has huge current reserves and can deliver all the power those speakers might call for under any reasonable listening conditions. Great amp that would make those speakers sing!

Your receiver, good though it may be, just ain't up to the task.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Here here...

The only reciever I can think of that will be adequate is the B&K line (and they are not cheap!)...

I am in the process of demo'ing a few different Amps:

Bryston 4BST

Sunfire 2-channel

Anthem AMP2SE

NAD S200

I have an Anthem MCA-3 rated at 175 wpc with more than 1 channel driven and it sounds ok... This amp will power my center and surrounds... It just does not have the oomph needed for the 100's in my 3000+ cubic foot room...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.