Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

This is my first post to your site! I am making my first steps into home theatre, and decided to buy some nice speakers (The Klipsch reference rf-7/rc-7/rs-7 set). However I am not sure which receiver to match them with. Some have opined that Klipsch has a very bright, forward sound, and therefore they should be matched with Marantz, NAD or other warm receivers.

Any feedback from people who have the Klipsch reference7 set (and on what receiver they matched the speakers with) would also be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Tom

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
I am using a Denon 2805 coupled with the RF5's [similar in design].

I had been using a three year old Yamaha 5280, which was a fine unit. I found, after a while, that the combination of a strong high end in the Yamaha combined with a strong high end in the Klipsch was a little too intense. It produced extremely detailed, almost photographic imaging. The Denon/Klipsch combination also produces excellent results that, IMHO, are smoother.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use a B&K 307 receiver to power my RF-7 setup (like yours) and it works really well. I had a lower end Yamaha before this (htr 5760) and it sounded a bit harsh and forward. I paid about 3x as much ($1500) for the B&K (used) but the difference is at least that much better sonically.

YGM, by the way...

David

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the RF7 series all around with Denon 3805 and SVS PB2+. I am amazed with both movies and music. I don't hear the bright edgy sound that people refer to with the Klipsch, just lots of detail and realism that I haven't heard anywhere else. Plus, the 3805 has alot of great features/technology and I love the touchscreen remote control.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I have the RF7 series with the Denon 5803 which I love. The 5805 is out now. It has incredible power and sound. I use the surround backs to power 3 sets of Klipsch SA-2 outdoor speakers. I like the remote alot.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I use a Pioneer 49TXi with an outboard Sunfire amplifier with my R-7 Klipsch speakers. I am very happy with the sound quality. The Pioneer Elite receivers with i.link are an excellent means of reproducing high resolution music on SA-CDs and DVD-As.

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.