AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panny BD-35 and a Panny 508UK display. Right now, I have Optimum online but don't have any connection to the bd35.

I could run a line from my router to the bd35, but I'd have to go through the floor, through the basement, and up to the back of bd35. A pita, but doable if that's the right option.

Can I do some type of wireless connection to the bd35? Would that be too slow?

As for content, I'd like to keep the pq and sq as high as possible. I really like the sq from blue-ray, so I wouldn't want to step down much, if at all. Considering my display is 720p and not 1080p, how does that impact my pq choices? Is netflix pq good enough, or should I look at other services like Vudu or something like that?

Any help is appreciated.

thx!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have Optimum Online too and the wireless connection from my Roku box is iffy for HD content from Netflix since the 15 Mbps is never realized. Actually, it rarely exceeds 4 Mbps.

However, using powerline adapters, I can usually achieve 8 Mbps, sometimes higher. Although not quite what I'd get with a wired connection it's certainly more than sufficient for HD streaming from Netflix and took about 5 minutes from the time I took them out of the box and plugged them in before I was up and running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts